Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Dear Moms Who Don't Get to Pee in Private

Moms of Littles Who Don't Get to Pee Privately: 

Listen to me. Just hold on. 

You know how all you want to do is go to Target alone? So you can think? I get it. I remember.
Now? No joke, I now want my 11 year-old to come to Target because I value her opinion on housewares. I don't care much for the housewares. She does. She didn't always. There was a time when I had until about 11am to get to Target and get home or all hell would break loose and my Spouse's children could give Stephen King inspiration. 

Also, I'm currently, this very second, in the parking lot of a movie theater where I am waiting for my teenie to come out of a movie with her little friends and NO grownups. What!? I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sad or fetal about this. I'm excited for her.
She chooses her friends well. They are solid.
And this is the natural progression, if we do it right.
The goal is to work ourselves out of a job, right? 

I know some of you feel like you are drowning in your own breast milk right now. Others of you are pretty sure your kid will be the only kindergartener not house trained. This is highly doubtful. You might think about pulling that pacifier before then, though. But that's another post. :) 

I promise you, the time does pass. There is a little freedom to come, for both of you.

Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9
This was either yesterday or July 2006. They are the same to me.
Now.

If you can just get through the long days, the years really are short. 


Melissa.


No comments:

Post a Comment