Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

New. Redeemed.

This is what the LORD says,
"Forget the former things;
Do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now, it springs up; do you not see it?
I am making a way in the wilderness,
And streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

A new thing.
That is what God is doing.

He is doing 'new' all over the place! It seems as if we are sending out folks all the time! We have friends heading out to Papua New Guinea, sweet friends in Miami, some leaving tomorrow for Ethiopia to meet their new sons, and today, we learned that our good friends are going to be a part of a church plant San Fransisco! Gracious! That is not to even mention all those in the local business sect who are pointing the way to Jesus in their hometown, students being a light to the world in their classrooms, and families being faithful in the day to day.
Beautiful.

"Now, it springs up; do you not see it?"
Yes, Lord! We see it! We are grateful!

God is doing some wonderful work in the lives of His children, and we have a front row seat! Although, I want in on the action, not be just a spectator! :)

I am so amazed that the Lord even lets me and my stubbornness be a part of it. I am Israel!

This past week, I have been an emotional mess. Packing. I don't even know for sure what we are packing for! What date will we leave for Houston? Where are we going to live when we get there? How long will we stay? What do we take with us? Will we rent our house? Packing. What activities can my girls do here before we leave? How can we serve in Houston while we are there? What activities can we do when we are there? Are we going to Manila? Packing.  Are we just foolish?  Have I been unfaithful? Are we squandering our time and resources? If He sends us, what will we do? What is the best way to help our girls adjust. Lord, please unite our hearts.  Is the Lord closing the door? What will we do then?

Yet, the Lord said,
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you,
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you..." (Isaiah 43:1-2)

I am a mess. Israel was a mess. My mess and theirs has been redeemed.
When you become a follower of Jesus Christ, your mess has been redeemed.

Not only is the Lord redeeming my mess, He will use it. He will work it all together for His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

We are moving forward, mess and all!
Hoping that the Lord will use us wherever we are.
If we do all this, and He keeps us here, then we have to trust that, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment