Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankfulisms.

I've enjoyed reading some of my friends' post of thankfulness this month on Facebook. I'm learning that writing those sort of daily posts are too lofty a goal for me, so I don't even want to act like I might keep up with that jazz. So, thank you, for reading all mine in one post! 

I am, of course, thankful for Jesus and family and friends, they are invaluable and of immeasurable worth and will certainly make the list. But, let's face it, I'm thankful for a few things that can be bought. No shame up in here.

Here's this year's Thankfulisms:

~Fuzzy socks.

~Cold weather for Christmas decorating. 
I'm obviously out of my mind.

~Road trips.
Our little family does them well.
(This post is brought to you on the quiet stretch of US-82 between Fort Worth and Amarillo.)

~LASIK.
Last year I was thankful for new specs. 
Those were cute.

~Soul-stirring blogs, songs, movies, books, etc.
You don't have to agree with everything (or anything) someone 
writes for the words to prick you.

~These Uni•Ball pens. 

~Coffee & Hot Chocolate
Cause it's dang cold in Texas right now, y'all!

~That my heater was fixed in my car today for $50 
at an auto shop I found on a drive by, saying, 
"Lord, show me if these people are sketch!" 

~For this girl:
She has taken care of my girls & now she's on Maverick-watch. 

~The flat-iron.

~The distance from the East to West.

~The phone on which I type. 

~Fleeting moments of scandalous courage 
in which the Holy Spirit is front and center in me. 

~Social media.
For all its faults, encouragement and ministry happens there. 
Plus, there's some funny, thought-provoking people I would've never heard of without Twitter.

~Tweenie Dates.

~That minty-fresh feeling just after a brushin'!

~A Spouse who is willing to try new things with me. 
Settle down. (More on this in a week or so.)


What are your thankfulisms?

No comments:

Post a Comment