Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feeding Tube Diet

This K-E Diet is El Freaking Nutso.
That's Spanish for "You are outside of your freaking mind if you think I'm putting a tube in my nose!"

Here's the Today Show link, if you're unfamiliar:

Desperate brides try feeding tube diet.

Really, Girls? Gracious! And, it's not just for brides.

Listen, I'm as insecure about the dimples on my thighs as anyone. I get that.
If I could afford it and if their weren't hungry children in the world and if their weren't friends who are raising money for adoption expenses and if ProLife organizations didn't need money, I would be tempted to get some secret Smart Lipo or something done while I'm out here in H-town.

What? Don't judge me! Don't act like you haven't seen the Groupon deals!

Really, I'm a work in progress. I'm constantly fighting to believe my spouse when he says he likes a few curves and he doesn't want to be married to a 12 year old boy. This comforts me on 87 levels.
The man adores me. He likes me even better when I like myself.

Did you read that? Read it again.
He likes me even better when I like myself.

We need to take care of our bodies. It makes me feel better when I am making good choices and exercising. But, the VANITY of it is reaching new lows every day!

There is much to say about this and a lot has already been said.

Ashley Judd fired back last week on her blog after she had been criticized for having a puffy face and essentially 'letting herself go'.
I was fired up for her!

The day Ashley Judd is fat, I'm a heifer. Just sayin' is all!

She tweeted about the feeding tube:  "Insane, abusive, sad: There is a company now offering brides pre-wedding crash diet feeding tubes to be more culturally acceptable."

It is insane! But, this is not new.

Outside appearances have always mattered--to us.

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7


Here's Truth:
...I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:3
Let the king be enthralled by your beauty, honor Him, He is Lord. Psalm 45:11


This is a heart issue. It comes down to this:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8


What are we going to believe? 
Put these verses on the bathroom mirror. :)
I leave you with this treasure that you probably already love:





You are beautiful.


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment