Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Category 3 Meltdown

I had about a Category 3 Meltdown today. Actually, it's been coming on for a couple of days now. Aside of a well-known medical condition, I believe there are a few contributing factors to said meltdown. 
I am missing my college crew something fierce. For real. Several weeks ago, I was feeling guilty because I was really doing okay! I was actually surprised that I wasn't missing them too bad. Well, I'm over it. Still, I'm divided. I'm not in a major hurry to go home and mow the yard or anything, but I'm ready to do some Bible study, Catch Phrase, and discuss major life issues with them! (Read: Duck Dynasty.) I am so bummed that they've experienced Rick Green, finals week, Avengers, Revolution, and Spiritual Gifts without us! I know they are grown and God loves them more than we do, but I'd like to be the one to remind them of that, thank you very much!


My girls are missing their friends. They are so sweet about it, too. They are careful not to complain, but I know Maddy is ready to hold Kerri's hand. (They don't walk from here to there without holding hands.) Meghan is ready to go to Miss Christie's and make iMovies with Bailey and Annabelle and Maddy. We had all these awesome field trips for a while, but that has sort of slowed down. We are still doing things, but ya know...not the same. Not only that, we would be in the midst of soccer season at home. My girls would be playing. Are we messing them up by being here?
  
On the flip side, we are getting experiences here like never before. We have had so many affirmations. We have ministered and been ministered to. We have met some of the neatest people and made new friendships that I hope will last. 

We love this little church with whom we are worshipping. The girls love it, too. We will miss it. As a matter of fact, that's what started my episode today--this morning at church, Mark leaned over and said, "I'm going to miss this little church." Ahhh! I know!! I will have to post about it (the church) separately. We have learned so much from our time here.
  
Let's not forget that we have no idea if we are going to Manila or not. Or when. 
I've got all these things floating in my head. The list of things we need to do, and a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-sized list of questions. 
weddings, graduations, schooling, what to sell?, what to keep?,
 rent our house?, get a storage unit?, immunizations, 
how long will we be home?, medications, what about North Carolina?,
dentists, contacts, books, what church will we go to?, how will we serve?, 
what about Mark's classes?, will anyone come see us?, 
will my girls love it?, will my girls hate it?, what about sports?,
 check-ups, medical records, is it going to rain all the time?,
am I going to be too much for the filipino people?,
I need enough rooms for a lot of people...

That would give any momma a meltdown! Spouse tweeted today that 'Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord...' Strength might rise while we wait upon the Lord, but so does the list of questions! Ha!
  
Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to His anointed. 
He answers him from His heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of His right hand. 
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, 
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. 
They are brought to their knees and fall, 
    but we rise up and stand firm. 
Lord, give victory to the king!
    Answer us when we call! 

                         Psalm 20:6-9


I know that we are in God's will. I know that this experience is a good, fruit-producing one. We are enjoying Houston so much more than I ever thought we would!  It would be super-duper just to bring all my people here! :)


Please pray with us and for us as we wait for the next instructions. 


Love! Love!
Melissa

6 comments:

  1. I will certainly be praying for you and your sweet family, Melissa. You are such an inspiration to so many, and we all love and miss you. The cool thing is that no matter where God sends you, this world has shrunk tremendously because of social media, blogs, skype, etc. and even though I know these things are not a substitute for face to face, hand holding, tigh hugging experiences,it is a lot better than anything we had when I was your age, or when your parents were your age! Love you...praying for you, and keeping you ever in our thoughts and heart! Debbie Gillespie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! We will take every prayer!

      Delete
  2. I've learned that with some of the decisions I've had to make, I've asked God, and after being frustrated and still not really knowing the right answer, I realized God's answer was "it really doesn't matter to Me...just continue to call on my strength and I will love you and be with you every step of the way." I think that sometimes we get bogged down trying to figure out God's will in every minute detail, and He just wants us to move forward and let Him take care of the details. I forget sometimes that He is in every decision I make, as long as every morning I ask Him to be. Praying for you and so proud of your devotion to Him. LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the "Seeds of Worship" CD's? They are Scripture to music and are awesome. We listen to them in the car. My favorite CD is "Courageous". The song of Jeremiah 33:3 came in my head as I read this. "Call to Me, I will answer you, and tell you great and undsearchable things you do not know." In the upcoming months as you discover where God is leading you, it would be nice to sing these verses over and over with your girls. You really are "Courageous". Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I'm going to look that CD up! I'm trying to be courageous, but I think I'm just crazy! Ha!

      Delete