Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Non-Confessions

We all have things we wish we hadn't done.   


Here are some things people typically do NOT confess:

  • "I really regret that workout." 
    • I can be so sore I can't put my shirt on, but I always love having put in a good workout.
  • "I shouldn't have gotten up early to read my Bible." 
    • The Word is life-giving!
  • "I wish I would have had sex before I got married."  
    • Even if we marry the person we've slept with, most will say they wish they'd waited.
  • "I wish I were still holding that grudge."
    • Forgiveness frees you!
    • If you hold a grudge, it pees in your hand!
  • "I wish we wouldn't have had a big family."
    • Big families love their big families! 
  • "I'm so bummed my laundry is done."
    • This is just crazy talk! :)
  • "I'm so glad I got wasted last night."
    • No one is happy about what they don't remember.
  • "Man, I wish I would have settled for mediocre!"
    • God's best! 
  • "I am so glad I missed my kid's ________ (game, performance, etc.)"
    • This isn't the end of the world, but most parents aren't exactly 'glad' they missed.
  • "I wish I would have procrastinated."
    • Being 'caught up' is a lovely feeling. I don't have much experience with this, but it's lovely.
  • "I love being a complainer."
    • Complain about service, teachers, spouse, church, government...ahhh! Hush!
    • Criticism is NOT a fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22 will tell you what IS!)
  • "I wish I would have worked more hours."
    • Not a typical deathbed statement.
  • "Yay, me! I passed my fear of ______ on to my children!"
    • A peeve of mine. I have always been intimidated by horses. So, I had my girls take lessons. When I would catch myself getting nervous, I'd leave. I've since worked through it and now I enjoy riding with my girls when we have the chance. I actually think I have a fear of my kids having a fear. :)
  • "I wish I wouldn't have decided to follow Jesus."
    • No turning back.
   
What are your 'Non-Confessions'?

~LOVE~
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment